Biological source: synthetic (organic)
Quality level: 100
Test: ≥98% (HPLC)
[α] / D +3.5 to + 5.0 °, c = 0.5 in methanol
Colour: white to beige
Solubility: H2O: 14 mg / ml
Storage temperature: 2-8 ° C
Cl.Cl.C [C @@ H] (N) [C @ H] 1CC [C @@ H] (CC1) C (= O) Nc2ccncc2
1S / C14H21N3O.2ClH / c1-10 (15) 11-2-4-12 (5-3-11) 14 (18) 17-13-6-8-16-9-7-13 ;; / h6-12H, 2-5.15H2.1H3, (H, 16.17.18); 2 * 1H / t10-, 11-, 12 – ;; / m1 ../ s1
Y-27632 dihydrochloride is an effective bronchodilator and improves antigen- and acetylcholine-induced lung resistance (RL). Y-27632 controls neutrophil migration and pulmonary edema and maybe a potential drug to treat acute lung injury.
Y-27632 dihydrochloride has been used:
- as a medium supplement in the organoid culture of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma
- in the inhibition of Ras (Rho) homologous gene family kinase in mouse embryonic stem cells
- in the inhibition of Rho-associated protein kinase (ROCK) in human embryonic stem cells and human-induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC)
1.5mg in a glass bottle
Biochemical / Physiological Actions
Y-27632 is a highly potent and cell-permeable selective inhibitor of ROCK (serine protein/threonine kinase / Rho-associated spiral forming spiral-forming protein). Ki = 140 nM for p160ROCK. Y-27632 also inhibits ROCK-II with the same power. The inhibition is competitive with respect to ATP.
Features and Benefits
- This compound is a featured product for phosphatase kinase biology research.
- This compound is also offered as part of Sigma’s Library of Pharmacologically Active Compounds (LOPAC®1280), a biological annotation collection of high-quality, ready-to-test compounds.